Click here to monitor SSC

Simple-Talk policy on anonymous comments

Last post 10-20-2006, 6:08 AM by Tony Davis. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-20-2006, 6:08 AM Post number 3044

Simple-Talk policy on anonymous comments

In order to post to these Simple-Talk forums you will need to be a registered user.

However, with regard to article and blog commenting, our basic policy is to keep the barrier to contribution as low as possible. Nevertheless, in cases where an article or blog is relentlessly attacked by SPAM, we have no option but to disable anonymous commenting for that piece.

Despite our "open house" policy, I would encourage anyone who wants to comment on an article or blog to sign in to the website. Personally, I find that a debate is a lot more engaging if I can see a contributor's username. After a few posts, one starts to "get to know" certain users, what their technology interests are, and so on. This is a lot more fun than continually seeing "anonymous" next to comments.

I know that some of our authors feel the same – and are somewhat less inclined to devote their time to answering anonymous comments.

If you've any questions about registering with Simple-Talk, refer to the How do I join Simple-Talk FAQ.

View as RSS news feed in XML