As well-engineered as the .NET framework is, it's not perfect, and it doesn't always get memory management right. To write truly fantastic software, you need to understand how .NET memory management actually works. This book will take you from the very basics of memory management, all the way to how the OS handles its resources, and will help you write the best code you can.
Chris Farrell and Nick Harrison have both been working with the .NET framework since day one, and bring all their experience to bear in this book as they explain:
- How the .NET framework manages memory
- How to avoid writing unnecessarily resource–hungry code
- How to fix your applications' memory troubles
- Download a free PDF edition
- Kindle edition coming soon
To see an independent review of this book, read Book finished: Under the Hood of .Net Memory Management