Click here to monitor SSC

Damon Armstrong


Damon Armstrong

Managing ClientContext.ExecuteQuery Errors in SharePoint CSOM

0 comments

One of the underlying realities of working with SharePoint’s client side object model (CSOM) is that you are not continuously connected to SharePoint. This means that as you build commands and queries in CSOM that they are stored up and then executed in batch when you call the ClientContext.ExecuteQuery method. Another unfortunate reality of working […]

30 July 2015 2:15 pm by
Damon Armstrong

An Odd Behavior with the ServerRelativeUrl Property in CSOM

0 comments

I was attempting to build a query using the ClientContext.LoadQuery method because it has some performance benefits that make it a useful approach for querying SharePoint. I was attempting to query a specific list using the ServerRelativeUrl property on the RootFolder on the List, but I only had the site-relative URL of the list. So […]

16 July 2015 1:33 pm by
Damon Armstrong

Avoiding JavaScript Library Code While Debugging

0 comments

I was attempting to debug a piece of JavaScript code in SharePoint that was having issues.  Since I was unfamiliar with the codebase, I decided to try to figure out what code was running right after a certain button click using a tactic described in my blog post How to Start JavaScript Debugging at Just […]

9 July 2015 1:45 pm by
Damon Armstrong

How to Start JavaScript Debugging at Just the Right Time

0 comments

Here is the scenario: you have inherited a project and you need to debug some issues with JavaScript on a page when a user clicks a button.  You have no idea where that JavaScript resides and you don’t want to pour through a bunch of files to figure it out.  You know the error occurs […]

9 July 2015 1:16 pm by
Damon Armstrong

Incorrect Client ID in SharePoint App Package

0 comments

Interesting issue today.  I was attempting to install a SharePoint app today and ran into the following error: 8fff7a1f-f0ea-4d73-8c7d-aa97279b6d20 Stack trace:   at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPUser.get_UserToken()    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Lifecycle.SPAppLifecycleEventCalloutTask.CallRemoteEventReceiver(Uri url, SPAppInstance instance)    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Lifecycle.SPAppLifecycleEventCalloutTask.CallRemoteEventReceiver(SPAppInstance instance)    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Lifecycle.SPAppLifecycleEventCalloutTask.Deploy()    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPAppTask.DeployOperation()    at Microsoft.SharePoint.Lifecycle.MonitoredTaskExecution.DoTask()    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)    at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)    […]

16 June 2015 3:20 am by
Damon Armstrong

High Trust Certificate Error Adding App to Site in SharePoint

0 comments

I was deploying a SharePoint App-Model app in my development environment.  It went into the catalog just fine, but it failed when trying to add it to a SharePoint site.  It uses a remote web and has application install event receivers.  The helpful error message that came back just said that the event receivers failed […]

22 April 2015 1:33 pm by
Damon Armstrong

Making PowerShell Output Readable using Out-GridView

0 comments

On intermittent occasions I get to work with PowerShell and in my last bout with the scripting language I ran across an amazing capability that really makes reading the output of PowerShell much easier – the Out-GridView cmdlet.  You can pipe the output of a command to Out-GridView and the results are displayed in an […]

23 March 2015 12:20 pm by
Damon Armstrong

Fixing “An update error has occurred” When Modifying Alternate Access Mappings in SharePoint

0 comments

A while back, I made  change to my SharePoint configuration to modify my alternate access mappings.  For some unknown reason, the mappings keep reverting back to their original state and when I go to modify them again, I get the following error: An update conflict has occurred, and you must re-try this action. The object […]

12 March 2015 3:38 pm by
Damon Armstrong

Get-WFFarm and Troubleshooting Register-SPWorklfowService

0 comments

I was helping a colleague configure workflow on his SharePoint development environment when we ran into an issue running the Register-SPWorkflowService cmdlet: Register-SPWorkflowService : An internal error occured. For more details, please see the server logs. Client ActivityId : af6ae27e-02cc-4aed-914d-a59d21d23427. At line:1 char:1 + Register-SPWorkflowService -spsite https://siteUrl/sites/Site … + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : InvalidData: (Microsoft.Share…WorkflowService: […]

17 February 2015 5:12 pm by
Damon Armstrong

Fixing the “Content Processing Pipeline Failed to Process the Item" and "Cannot Load Wordbreaker for en or the Fall Back" Errors in SharePoint Search

0 comments

I was attempting to search for something in my development SharePoint farm and couldn’t find it.  So I ran the crawler and attempted again.  Still couldn’t find it.  After poking around, I saw in the error logs that I had 5000+ errors during the search crawl, most of which said something about “the content processing […]

16 February 2015 9:05 pm by
Older posts