11 ways to celebrate a birthdayPublished 18 October 2010 10:11 am
Another year flies by and Red Gate reaches the grand old age of 11. Here’s what we got up to on our big day:
- At the crack of dawn we decorated the office. Cara on Reception was then wished a happy birthday by visitors to Red Gate towers for the rest of the day – a nice added bonus.
- In the morning Chris our resident chef made us a cake. A huge one. Well, there are almost 200 of us these days.
- At lunchtime we wracked our brains in the 1999 general knowledge quiz. Congratulations to Liam from the DBA team who won a bottle of Moet in a tense tie breaker challenge with Linda from Product Support. Who knew that the world record for hula hooping was only 83 hoops?
- After lunch we sneaked rows of goodie bags into the SQL Servery (in more or less) alphabetical order.
- Meanwhile, plans were being laid for our annual company photo by Dom, our awesome photographer who bravely balanced his camera over the top of our balcony.
- We lined up to spell out “Red Gate” in our office lobby. A bit of a tight squeeze but we pulled it off.
- No Red Gate celebration is complete without a champagne toast, so it was over to Simon to say a few words.
- Then we opened our goodie bags. Presents!
- A personalised t-shirt for everyone in, you’ve guessed it, red.
- Finally we polished off the cake and champagne.
- Later that night Dom unveiled a surprise video of our photoshoot.
Another great day at Red Gate. Here’s to another great year!